Going to be a bit warm for the start of spring with temperatures of 35 degrees Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) with a strong fire warning for much of our state of Victoria Australia for the next two days.
Well actually this is absolutely ridiculous we had sleet two weeks ago in the ranges near here. But that is a topic for another post (working on that)
Just friendly reminder that
- Some plants will need a deep water (just got in from mine) as the soil is still bone dry.
- Seedlings will dry out fast.
- Potted plants will dry out fast.
- Many birds will not have fully moulted so look after them with ice and possible a quick soak of water if you are home.
- Pets such as cats and dogs will not be used to the temperature so make sure they have cool spot and water available
- Livestock keep an eye on them make sure that they have enough shade and water.
- Worm farms can easily die off in this kind of heat. Wet blanket over them or a block of ice in them
- Keep YOURSELF hydrated and watch out for your family (particularly the little ones) as it will be a bit of shock.
Everyone take care please.